Sunday, May 9, 2010

Iniquity - अधर्म

: Absence of Moral or Spiritual Value ;
: A deed of injustice / unrighteousness / a sin / a crime ;

Yesterday, Saturday night at 12 night I prepared to sleep after watching movie on local channel of Ahmedabad, I heard big sound of music played by next Apartments residents. Since the songs (Indian Hindi and Gujarati Bhajans) were played by music system, music was pretty good. It was Bhajan by famous singer Pankaj Udhas ( I forgot the songs as I was annoyed with the music I don't want to hear ) and music continued to 2 a.m. in Mid-Night. At 12 I found my self lucky as they haven't called local singer to scream on mike with cheap kind of untrained musician. But now it was time to sleep and I did not want to listen music and I was expecting them to switch off music.

What if the music played was Hindi movie songs or western music by teenager at mid night. Police would have come and turned off the music forcibly. Almost 50,000 people was listening that religious loud music in their beds. How many of them has disturbed sleep due to the music is questionable. But nobody complained as it become religious sentimental issue and those 50 persons were forcing 50000 people to listen music. Instead of music many have fallen into sleep, but unfortunate people were still waiting to end-up their religious programme. I wake up at 6:00 for jogging and I was thinking to disturb others sleep at morning 6:00 by bhajan, probably the 50 devotees right now over there will go mad in the morning.

'The Story of My Experiments with Truth' is the autobiography of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. He loves Indian town summer night instead of muddy and slippery roads and mosquitoes of monsoon nights. He loved summer nights especially because the town's neighbourhood have music programme of bhajans. In back 1930 and 1940 music was played simply by drum without any loud speaker or music systems and nights means maximum 9 or 10 o'clock at night. It was fine for that time but now over populated cities cannot face the late night music publicly and it's illegal because they have no permission from local Authorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment