Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Speed

: Move fast, Rush;
: The rate at which object move in particular time;

Speed matters. Speed have fun. We are all part of instant coffee generation and slow things are boring to us. What speed your computer have? or what's your broadband speed? And if you got a fast computer, with a fast connection, then your attitude changes. Now, you demand that everything happens instantly. Your sensitivity towards performance goes way up. Slow is not our option and nobody likes to wait. A second is really long time to wait, now google gives us our searches in 10th part of the second.

What speed you drive your car or bike? Do you feel driving it fun? If you are driving in a slow car or bike, you accept that you will have a pretty unimpressive driving experience. I used to drive bike at high speed on highways and even in city in traffic. That thrilled me always. Thrill had some kind of impression on my brain, it relax the brain system and risk of driving at high speed looks worth taking. Later-on 20 miles to work everyday in my car, I never thought to drive slow and the loud music was always there. I would also get increasingly frustrated when people would drive slow and keep me from driving fast, or cut me off. Driving was a stressful experience.

Yesterday, I drove almost 70 kilometres to go nearby town and I had plenty of time and I decided not to drive overtaking other vehicles. That was new experience to me as I was relaxed all the time, my stress level was really down and I wondered that it did not take much longer time than before. I learned a lesson, if I am always in a hurry to get places, when will we get to our destination and finally be happy? It is better idea of getting ready early and leave early and enjoy the driving, listening good music. Life is a journey - make it a pleasant one.

No comments:

Post a Comment